- You know you’re an online junkie when you:
- wake up at 3:00 am to go to the bathroom and stop to check your email on the way back to bed
- rarely communicate with your mother because she doesn’t have email
- check your inbox. It says ‘no new messages,’ so you check it again
Even though this joke circulated several years ago, it still strikes a chord. The big difference now is that there’s no longer a subculture of ‘online junkies.’ From the time we wake up in the morning to the time we go to bed, we all want to be connected — and that includes when we get behind the wheel. So to this joke I would add:
- resent driving because it means going off the grid
At QNX, we’re working toward a seamless experience where people can enjoy the same connectivity whether they’re texting their spouse from the mall or checking traffic reports while driving down the highway. See what I mean:
For more information about the technology described in this video, visit the QNX website.